BMBRisk has the following position(s) open for immediate hire:
Loss Control/Safety Representative & Trainer
BMBRisk operates as the risk management and safety training division of Bowen, Miclette & Britt – a leading privately held full service insurance agency, ranked as one of the independent insurance agencies in the United States. Our client base spans virtually every industry, but our core arenas are Construction, Energy and Manufacturing. We are dedicated to providing top tier safety consulting to our mid-size and large business accounts. We are searching for a bilingual individual who is passionate about consulting on risk management practices, safety topics and culture, and credentialed to teach numerous safety curriculums, including:
· OSHA 10 & 30 – General Industry & Construction,
· Medic First-Aid/CPR/AED,
· PEC SafeLand/SafeGulf – Basic and Core24
· Competent Person, Equipment Operation, etc.
What You'll Do
The ideal Training Coordinator and Loss Control Representative (LCR) will be located in the Houston metro region. The LCR will be able to conduct onsite safety and risk assessments, seminars and training to our insurance customers located, principally, in Texas. Servicing the needs of our national and international customers, some overnight travel may be required from time to time.
Additionally you will:
· Conduct onsite risk evaluation surveys and complete detailed reports.
· Assist customers with development and implementation of safety polices, programs and procedures specific to each account & loss exposure.
· Provide advanced risk management and consultative services to assigned clients.
· Maintain and demonstrate safety management and expertise in areas such as commercial property protection, employee safety, product liability and vehicle safety.
· Develop, coordinate and conduct safety/risk management seminars and training programs.
· Develop and execute service proposals and plans to large accounts.
What it Takes
· Bachelors Degree preferred - Emphasis in Occupational Safety & Health preferred
· 3-5 years of safety consulting or safety work in a private industry
· High level of independence, organization, and self motivation
· Certifications to train and certify curriculums listed in Overview, above.
· Bilingual - Must be able to train in both English and Spanish
· Experience in coordinating and servicing large or multi location accounts preferred
· Knowledge of OSHA, ANSI, NFPA Standards, and DOT regulations
· High level of verbal and written communication skills
· High degree of computer literacy and efficiency, including learning and using proprietary software
· Acceptable motor vehicle record
· Safety designations including CSP preferred and/or willingness to pursue professional designations
What You'll Receive
Our compensation and benefits package is designed to meet today's most important needs and to be highly competitive in the industry. Benefits for full-time employees may include:
· Company Car
· Competitive Compensation
· Group Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Short/Long Term disability coverage
· 401 (K) plan
· Comprehensive training and continuation of current credentials
· Generous Paid-Time Off Plan
How You’ll Apply
To be considered for this position please send a current resume, meeting all of the criteria, to the contact below. If you are selected for additional screening, you will be contacted by phone or email. Please be sure to provide a valid email address and phone number.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
Jeff Russell at JRUSSELL@BMBINC.COM
Bowen Miclette & Britt (BMB) is a leading, privately held insurance brokerage and risk management firm specializing in construction, energy services, marine and manufacturing across a broad range of clients from small family-owned businesses to corporate giants. We have over 200 employees in offices located in Houston (headquarters), New Orleans, and multiple offices in Florida.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.